The Base Camp project has been initiated during Spring 2014. This collective project, focused on permaculture and education, is led by the permaculturist.org association.
The Base Camp project Raison d’etre
- Form an open, multigenerational, and multicultural collective based on humanist and ecological values
- Establish a Base Camp, a living place and venue designed according to the ethical principles and design principles of permaculture, to provide an appropriate environment for free learnings and the personalized transmission of knowledge, skills and attitudes useful to contribute to the transition of society
- Serve as a study model and a source of inspiration for the creation of other Base Camps
Discover the different aspects of the project
During the development of the project, various documents were produced by the association to clarify the different aspects of the project, on the one hand, to document its evolution, on the other hand:
- A synthetic presentation of the project (v. 2.1 of April 2017)
- The project’s terms of reference (v. 1.3 of August 2016, in French only)
- The educational model (v. 1.0 of February 2017, in French only)
All these documents are updated as the project progresses. They are available as slideshows and downloadable pdf files.